I really CAN do this!

Today was day one of Workout week #3. Adam decided that he was so proud of me for sticking to this so far, that I could get new tennis shoes. Wow...I must REALLY give up on things fast.

Tonight was truly a make or break night though. One of my workout buddies is home in FL for spring break, the other had Upward practice tonight, and a third decided that she couldn't make it b/c of cooking dinner and family drama. At least for a night, I had no girls to go to the gym with. I had a reason to stay home tonight. Instead, I went online and found a link from a friend's blog for Couch to 5K in 2 months. I decided to give week one a try.


WHAT? YOU'RE 275 POUNDS AND YOU'RE GOING TO THE GYM ALONE TO NOT ONLY WORKOUT, BUT RUN!?!?!?!?

Yes, all this and more was going through my mind too. Instead, I went and I got on that treadmill and I did the first day of week one. I did it! I really did! Just when I thought I wouldn't finish, I realized, I was up to 17 minutes and I only had to run for one more minute! That's all...really? I can ABSOLUTELY do this. Guess what? You can too! I'll leave you with this...


This WILL NOT be me!

3 comments:

Ben said...

Keep it up! I need to get off my can and start back up as well. Maybe I'll do the C25K again...

Mary said...

Thanks Ben! By the way, if you do, I will GLADLY run a 5K with you! I think it would be a blast to have Steph and Adam cheer us on! By the way, YOU CAN DOOOOO IT!!!!

Bud, Shelby, Audrey, Logan & Liam said...

Mary!!! So so proud of you (haven't heard from you in a while BTW). But I guess all the workouts are keeping you busy! I'm down 27 lbs which I'm stuck at...been going up and down 4 lbs for 2 weeks now. Guess I need to move more. We need to talk sometime soon.
Love ya...

Copyright © 2008 - The Pfahlert Pfam... - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template