Why I Love My Boring Job...

You may have to click on the picture to see it better, but if you look closely, there are two deer in this picture.  I was making my "exterior rounds" at one of the plants that I haven't worked at yet, and before heading in, i was lucky enough to snap this pick with my phone.  It was taken about 3:10am.  Are deer nocturnal? 
 
Anyways, I got called a the last minute for this shift, but I'm grateful for any hours that they'll give me right now.  If that means pulling an all-nighter, then so be it.  We have Sunday School in the morning, then I'll be able to catch a few Z's before all the big games tomorrow!  All the games I wanted to see are being televised here!  Panthers at Minnesota, Steelers of course, and the Green Bay/Dallas game is sure to be a non-stop battle till the end.
 
After they're great start this year, I'm finding myself becoming a fair-weather Panthers fan.  Don't get me wrong, the Steelers are still No. 1 in my heart and always will be, but it's nice to be able to root for a hometown team.  I never could do that in Baltimore.  It's actually a bit difficult to find people interested in the NFL down here.  They're all about college ball here, and believe it or not, they could care less about UNC, Duke, or NC State.  They're all Georgia Bulldogs fans.  I made the mistake of asking one of our neighbors if he was a Green Bay Packers fan because the front of his SUV had a big "G" on the licence plate holder.  I was quickly corrected... and embarrassed.  Live and learn...
 
This is kind of random, but if you're a football fan of any sort and enjoy quick little novels by amazing authors, check this book out.  It won't disappoint.  If you want to borrow it, let me know and I'll send it out to you if you promise to send it back when you're done.  It will also make you want to go to Italy.
 
I've blabbed enough for one night.  OH!  One more plug... If it's playing anywhere near you, go see the new movie Fireproof.  Should be excellent. OK, I'm done now... TTFN...

 

1 comments:

Ben said...

Did you seriously just end that post with TTFN? You've definitely been working too many hours!

Copyright © 2008 - The Pfahlert Pfam... - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template