Merry Christmas!

It looks like it's been about a month since our last post from Thanksgiving vacation. WAY too long... sorry about that...

Anyways... As you know, I am a huge airline nerd and I follow quite a few corporate and personal airline blogs. The following post was on Southwest's blog today. It's nice to know that in the middle of all the political correctness of "Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees," there is someone out there who's not afraid to talk about their Christmas traditions. Enjoy! Oh, and by the way, with our family, there is no "bad." (See #1 below)

=============

Top 10 Things About The Holiday Season
from Southwest Airlines Blog by Jill Howard-Allen - Manager Business Support Projects

Here are the top 10 things I enjoy most about the Holiday Season….

10. No traffic on my way to work. - OK, a little cheesy, but I can’t get to work any faster than the time right before the Holidays.

9. White Christmases - Yes, I know I live in Phoenix, but the snow still gets me on Christmas.

8. How The Grinch Stole Christmas - Best holiday movie ever. “Given the choice between the two of you, I’d take the uh…seasick crocodile!”

7. Christmas cookies - Sugar cookies and candy cane cookies. OK and just about any other Christmas treat.

6. Lighting a fire in the fireplace - In Phoenix, it sometimes requires you to leave the doors open, but I take it when I can get it.

5. The tree - I don’t think I ever stop and sit quietly unless I’m in front of the Christmas tree. How very cool. (This may be my husband’s favorite thing about the Holiday)

4. Taking a day off in December to go shopping with my three siblings.

3. Christmas music - The Waitresses ‘Christmas Wrapping‘ and Frank Sinatra’s rockin’ version of ‘Jingle Bells‘.

2. Hiding the baby Jesus in the nativity scene until December 25 - A tradition started when I was young at my grandmother’s house and now continued thanks to my sister, Danell, at my house.

1. Family - The good and the bad. They’re all still mine and here to enjoy.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - The Pfahlert Pfam... - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template